Happy July!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015



Happy July everyone! Wow, I never thought we would start this month with hot, hot, hot weather! The forecast even tells us that these temperatures will rise and stay for at least two weeks! This is Summer, Holland, this really is Summer! I just hope the nice weather continues for like two months at least!

July is one of my favorite months of the year. Maybe I'm biased, but I really like this oh-so-amazing month. Let me first admit that my birthday is in July, and even though that may or may not be the reason for loving this month, it's definitely a bonus. And then Summer, who doesn't love that?!

Here's a list about why love this month:
  • The warm weather; like I said, it's been so warm the last couple of days.. Oee, I love it! The tanning season has begun.. burn, baby, burn!
  • The sense of joy; I'm not sure what it is, but if I wake up in the morning and I see the sun's rays peeking through my window, I'm getting this instant happy feeling where after I just want to jump out of bed and do this happy dance. Not that I'm actually doing this though.. don't want to embarrass myself in front of the mirror haha. Are you familiar with that certain feeling?
  • The holiday; who isn't fond of that?
  • The activities; swimming, tanning, sporting, car washing (did it myself yesterday :-)), picnicking, driving around with the cabriolet, city exploring, going out for drinks or ice creams, relaxing at the lake.. you name it!
  • The food and cold beverages; ice creams, fresh juices/smoothies, home-made salads, and not to forget fruit, I l-o-v-e fruit! I never go a day without it. Now for summer I'd like to make myself naturally flavored water, it's so fresh and healthy too.Thinking about it.. maybe I should write a post about it, would you like that?
  • The clothes; light and bright shorts, skirts, dresses, tops, rompers, ballerinas, sandals.. Yes, we're allowed to show our pretty arms & legs ladies!
  • The entertainments; in three weeks the International Four Days Marches (de Nijmeegse Vierdaagse in Dutch) start again. A week full of festivities and parties in the city of Nijmegen. Bet I will be spending my whole 'no-work-week' in that city, especially Friday since I'll be ringing in my birthday that evening. And about the marches.. someday, I will walk it myself. Read more about this event here.
  • And at last but definitely not least; good times, making memories, and enjoy that amazingly happy Summer feeling as much as possible!

Now it's up to you! What are your plans for this Summer? Anything exciting coming up? Let me know in the comment box down below, I would love to read it! :) Have a lovely week everyone! xo
  1. Hello Carian! Finally I have my own blog and I can comment you <3 :D have a nice July, greets! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you that you started your own blog! It's a great way to express your feelings, thoughts and any other thing.. Wish you all the best with it! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!