New Hair

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Yesterday I faced the moment of truth: cutting and dying my hair. It’s been two, maybe three, years since I colored my hair and I thought it was time for a change again. Two weeks ago I already decided that I wanted to dye my hair darker, but I wasn't entirely sure about the cut yet. Normally I let the hairdresser cut my hair as little as possible, but this time a little more chop chop was necessary.  

I always have to blow-dry my hair after washing, because any girl with fine, limp hair like mine knows, that creating volume is a must. The big disadvantage is, however, that it causes hair damage. My hair has gotten really dry, it started to look dull and unhealthy, and the sun created a sort of ombre look. I’ve been trying to fix my hair using hair masks more regularly (still need to do that more often though), oils and heat protections sprays before and after blow-drying, but the results still weren't that visible. So yeah, it was a good choice to chop off a little more than 'just as little as possible'.

My natural hair color is brown, but the sun made my hair lighter during summertime. The hair on top of my head was a lot darker than the ends, so I also wanted to get rid of my ‘sort-of-natural-ombre-look’ hair. My hair was yearning for a darker, still natural, color. So since Summer is gone, it was time to freshen up and add a little color! Ooh, I love how my hair feels and smells after a proper treatment!


P.s., If this post made you curious about the outfit I'm wearing, stay tuned! I'll show you more in my upcoming post.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
  1. Replies
    1. Dankjewel! Ik vind het super dat je m'n blog bezoekt en reacties achterlaat, er verschijnt steeds weer een lach op m'n gezicht! :)

      Delete
  2. Staat je heel mooi! Vind het het mooie kleur! <3

    XxX
    www.wendyvansoest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel Wendy! Ik ben er ook heel blij mee. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!