TACK SÅ MYCKET, STOCKHOLM!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015


On Sunday evening I already left Stockholm behind me, but since my head is still somewhere in Gamla Stan, I think it's time to talk about last week's city trip. Thursday morning, or better said Wednesday night - after 3.5 hours of sleep - it was time to wake up, pack the last couple of things and hop in the car to get on our way to Schiphol Airport. We had an early flight, so we got in Stockholm around 08:30 am. I've always wanted to go to Stockholm and I'm very glad I finally did. The city is beautiful and has everything you can imagine.. Old traditional houses in Gamla Stan, silent watersides, beautiful green parks, friendly and stylish people (which I'll talk about in my next post this Friday), trendy shops (amen to Lexington, Acne Studios, Tiger of Sweden, etc), good food such as Swedish meatballs, fresh smoked salmon, knäckebrödcinnamon buns, etc. Ooh, someone take me back! Anyway, enough with the chatting, let the pictures speak for itself.

Oh, p.s. sorry for the photo explosion! :)







On our first day we took the hop on hop off tour bus. It's a thing we always do when going on a city trip. It's an easy and a great way to explorer the city. After that, we strolled around the city, visiting the shopping streets, Kungsträgården, the Royal Palace and other interesting things. After a little rest at the hotel, we had dinner at Jamie's Italian. We dined at one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants in London as well and since we liked the food so much, we just had to have dinner there in Stockholm too.






On our second day we visited the old town Gamla Stan, famous for its medieval houses, buildings and churches, and for the central point 'Stortorget'. I read that there was a very, very small alley in Gamla Stan that was hard to find. True that, because we couldn't find it either. After a fika (coffee break) at the Espresso House (must-visit) and a little help from my dear friend Google Maps, we finally found the smallest street of Stockholm. Mårten Trotzigs gränd is only 90cm wide at its narrowest point, funny to see. 








Stockholm has an untouched nature and we absolutely didn't want to miss that. On day three we got on a boat that took us through the archipelago in 2.5 - 3 hours. For me, this boat trip was the highlight of the city trip. There's nothing as tranquil as the archipelago in the morning. The silence, the untouched nature.. so peaceful. I already imagined myself living on an island there haha. No stress, no harm.. Can't get any better, right?!




On our last day we just walked around the city, you know just enjoying our last hours in this beautiful city. A little shopping here and there and having drinks including the famous Joe & the Juices which was so, so, so yummy! Couldn't complain at all!

All in all, Stockholm is a great place to visit. I could even see myself living here. Maybe next year? You never know what happens in the future. Anyhow, if you're thinking about traveling to this city.. just go! I'm sure you'll have a great time, this city absolutely didn't leave me disappointed! Tack så mycket, Stockholm!

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!