HAPPINESS

Tuesday, May 19, 2015



As cheesy as it sounds, I believe that happiness can be found in even the smallest things. From the moment you start appreciating the little things in life, life becomes richer. Nowadays, many people are able to have so much that it becomes a habit of having it, whereas many others in this world can only dream about having it. Habits get bored and people are suddenly not 'happy' or - better called - satisfied anymore. Appreciation vanishes away and people want more and more in order to become 'happy' again. But where does it end? That's why I'm convinced that nobody should base their happiness on what you have, where you are and whom your with. I believe in the smallest things in life and you're the one who can control the thoughts about it. If you start appreciating even the smallest things, you'll be much more satisfied and happy with the things you do have.

So, what are the little things that make me happy at the moment:

  • Waking up in the morning feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep
  • Morning tea/coffee and breakfast
  • A clean and tidy home
  • Sports and morning walks
  • Good music. For example, when go for a walk with my dogs in the morning and the sun is shining, I love to put my earphones on. The mornings are, somehow, always so peaceful, so silent. When one of my favorite songs starts playing, the feeling can't be anything other than super good. I suddenly forget the negativity around me and I just enjoy the moment.
  • The smell after rain.. ''Petrichor (n), the scent of rain on dry earth.''
  • Beautiful pictures that inspire me (Amen to Pinterest)
  • Movies & series. I'm waiting for Pretty Little Liars and Suits to continue their seasons again. I recently finished Breaking Bad and started watching Orphan Black, it's such a good story I got addicted after 3 minutes! Do you know it? What are you favorite movies and/or series?
  • Fresh flowers, I love peonies and tulips.
  • My loved ones on good health and happiness
  • My dear family and friends around me
  • Laughs until my stomach hurts. We all love that, don't we?
  • That feeling when you come home after a long day and you change your clothes to sweatpants, put your hair up and you can relax with no-make up on. 

What are the little things that make you happy?



  1. Ja. Precies de kleine dingen doen het 'm... Misschien moet ik daar maar wat meer van gaan genieten...
    alles wat je omschrijft is zo waar. Kan me er helemaal in vinden!
    Liefs Iep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het is makkelijker gezegd dan gedaan, maar soms kan ik zo intens genieten van een kopje koffie op een heerlijke stille ochtend. Gek, maar waar!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!