Beauty Night Out

Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Friday everyone! I just wanted to tell you quickly about the Mari Experience by Dorien I went to last night. Together with my mom and sister I attended this event where professional Dutch stylist Mari van de Ven shared all tips and tricks about hair and make-up with us. Some women were chosen to go on stage, one got a complete new hairdo, another woman got foundation applied on her face and someone else got a total smokey-eye look. A new hairdo or what kind of colors suit you best concerning the make-up, depend all on the person. Big eyes, small eyes, narrow or wide.. What kind of a person is it? It all the depends on the details to get the best out of you. It was great to hear these tips from such a good stylist. It was very useful too!

Images by Dorien
And then out of the blue, another Dutch stylist, Lucien Beijerinck, pointed in my direction. What me? Or is he pointing to the woman behind me? Nope, it was definitely me. As I got on stage Mari showed the public how to contour the face to create the illusion of symmetry. What a little bronze here, and a pop of highlight there can do!

Images by Dorien
Mari wouldn't be Mari without doing something with the hair, so to put a cherry on top of the cake, he created an edgy updo. An updo that would go great for Christmas, New Year's Eve or for a great night out. I absolutely loved the updo, I felt so cool haha! Oh and Lucien answered my long-waited question, 'what kind of haircut would a professional stylist recommend me?'. Well, he said that he wouldn't change a lot, but that strong bangs would make my look complete. Who knows what will happen the next time I'm hitting the hairdresser.. 


It was such a great evening, we really enjoyed a mother-to-daughter-to-sister night out. The Mari Experience show from yesterday is also recorded for the Dutch TV-show 4Me. This show will be broadcast on the 9th, 16th and 23rd of December on RTL4. Eek! I'm going to be on the Dutch TV, such a weird feeling!

By the way, I took some shots of my look after the show, I'll show them to you guys later! For now, I wish you a lovely weekend!

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!