Rome On My Mind

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Oh boy, how much I miss Rome. Exactly today five (!) months ago, I waited for my flight to take off, to head back home to my family and friends. Wait.. what?! Five months ago?! Well.. yes indeed, I can’t believe myself either. The period of time that I’ve been back is the same period of time I spent my time abroad in bella Roma. This is yet another confirmation that time flies by so fast. I still see myself walking in the early evening after work - the sun still burning on my shoulders - passing the ancient Colosseum while I'm on my way to Campo de' Fiori, where I meet up with my friends to wine and dine Italian finger-licking foodies. For some Italians that's just the normal way of living, but for me that was enjoying life to the fullest. I still remember my last day and night like it was yesterday. Every day I think about my time there and I just can’t let it go. I barely can’t bear with anything that holds a memory and since my time in Rome consists of perfect memories only, I think you’d understand why this city is still on my mind Every. Single. Day. Wish I could snap my fingers and be transported back to Rome, back to my life there. But yeah, life goes on, I know that. We'll see what happens in the future... :)

  1. I lovee Rome! Wil er zeker nog eens terug naartoe!

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13049789

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja ik ook, telkens waande ik mezelf weer in een levend museum. Ik ben helemaal verliefd geworden op die stad! <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Glad to hear that, thank you! Welcome to my blog too. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!