Liebster Award Nomination

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A big thank you goes to Chloé from Toffblog, who very kindly nominated me for my first award. If you haven't checked out her blog, take a look! My blog is still in its infancy, but I try to do my best to inspire my fellow bloggers, followers and readers.

I hadn’t heard about the Liebster Award before and I tried to do a little research on what it is and how it begun. In my opinion it firstly seemed like an 'award' where you don't really win anything. A nomination for this award means being appreciated by fellow bloggers and in this way a blogger gains more readers and followers. Now that seems like a pretty decent price!

So, what does the Liebster Award exactly stand for then? Well..

''The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200, 500 or 1.000 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.''

Image

What are the rules?
  1. Post eleven facts about you
  2. Answer the eleven questions set by the blogger who nominated you
  3. Nominate eleven other blogs with under 200, 500 or 1.000 followers (depends on the rules you read)
  4. Link your nominees to the post
  5. Create eleven questions for your nominees to answer
  6. Let the chosen nominees know they have been tagged.

My facts
  1.  I was born in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, and raised in a little village nearby the city.
  2. My birthday is on the 25thof July.
  3. I have two dogs and two little horses.
  4. I have flair for foreign languages. Dutch is my mother tongue and I speak (if I can say myself) English very well. I actually prefer speaking, and especially writing, in English rather than Dutch haha. Furthermore, I studied French, Spanish and German, and I understand basic Italian. I would love to speak all these languages fluently and like to learn more languages, such as Swedish and an oriental language.
  5. I start my day with a cup of coffee and I drink three cups of green tea and 2 liters water a day.
  6. I love nuts and whole grain foods and I really like smoked salmon and Nutella. Oh, and fruit makes my mouth water.
  7. I love to travel. My ultimate dream is to travel and see the world.
  8. I lived abroad twice (Madrid & Rome) and hopefully I am able to live in more places abroad in the future.
  9. Running, working out or going for a walk are on my daily to-do list.
  10. I'm very organized and I need to write everything down, otherwise there's chaos in my head.
  11. I always make sure I'm on time. I prefer being, at least, ten to fifteen minutes ahead of time.. I don't like being late.

Chloé’s questions

  1. What or who inspires you to write your blog?
    Mariannan was the first blog I instantly read and followed. I really liked reading her posts and that inspired me to start writing my own blog. Now there are several bloggers who inspire me to continue writing my own blog.
  2. Lipstick, Gloss, Lip Stain, Balm, or Lip Liner? 
    Lipstick.
  3. What product do you never leave your house without? 
    My iPhone.
  4. Preferred song to sing in the shower? 
    I like to sing and I used to do it in the shower all the time.. currently not anymore. I don't know why haha. But if I do it, it would probably be a song that’s in my head at that moment. I do sing all the time when I'm home alone though.
  5. What TV shows are you currently watching? 
    Pretty Little Liars, Suits and Game of Thrones.
  6. You're stranded on a deserted island, what are your beauty must-haves? 
    Skin care products such as a cleanser, a moisturizer and a lip balm.
  7. Dream holiday destination? 
    Space haha! I would love to see earth from space, I think it’s unbelievable what you get to see there. A girl can have (unachievable) dreams right?! 


    But ok, let’s be realistic. Boh, this question is tough to answer. I really want to see the whole wide world. There're so many beautiful places, how can I choose one? Anyway, if I only had one choice to make, I would say Maldives.
  8. Your favorite blog to read? 
    I don’t have one specific favorite blog to read. JonnamaistaMariannanP.S. I Love Fashion, Alexa Dagmar and Little Blonde Book are definitely in my top-5 of favorite blogs.
  9. What are your guilty pleasures? 
    Clothes, accessories and decorations for the home.
  10. Go-to makeup brand? 
    Lancôme’s Doll Eyes or Hypenose Drama mascaras are the best mascaras ever, I’ve been using these for many years now. For the rest of my make-up, I don’t really have a specific brand.. I like Dior and Chanel for their eye shadows, blushes and powders, but I also use L’Oreal for example.
  11. What are you proud of? 
    I’m proud of how far my family, my friends and I have come in this life already. I’m proud that we support our beloved ones and that we keep having faith in each other, no matter what happens.
My Nominees
  1. What or who inspired you to write your blog?
  2. Who is/are your favorite blog(gers)?
  3. What is your guilty pleasure?
  4. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
  5. You can wake me up for …
  6. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
  7. How would you describe yourself in three words?
  8. Who do you look up to?
  9. I can't live without …
  10. If you could choose anyone, famous or not, dead or alive, who would you take out for dinner?
  11. If someone would ask you a random piece of advice, what would you say?

Thank you for stopping by and reading this post, I hope you all liked it! 
Don't forget to check out the nominees! :)


  1. Leuk om je wat beter te leren kennen, en we delen blijkbaar dezelfde smaak qua blogs!
    Wat lief dat je me genomineerd hebt, dat is echt een groot compliment voor mij! Ik heb de Liebster Tag wel al 2 keer ingevuld, dus ik weet niet of ik hem nogmaals op m'n blog ga zetten. Ik vind je vraagjes wel erg leuk, dus ik kan ze wel verwerken in een volgende weetjes post over mezelf :)

    X Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankjewel Sara!
    Ah oké, ja dan snap ik dat je je bedenkingen hebt. Kijk maar wat je wilt doen, het is natuurlijk altijd vrijblijvend. :) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winnin the award, dear!!!

    And thanks a lot for passing it to me!!!

    Come and visit my blog, I have a new outfit post up!! I hope you like it!!!

    xoxo,
    Marianna

    http://the-haute-strawberry.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited your blog, it's great! Thank you and you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  4. Love your blog!! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know on my blog and follow me, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annie! I'm following you on Bloglovin'. X

      Delete
  5. Ah leuk dat je hem gekregen hebt! Ik heb respect voor hoeveel jij drinkt op een dag! XO P.S. Doe jij al mee met mijn give-away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel! Het is een gewoonte geworden, dat maakt het makkelijker. :)

      Delete
  6. Wat leuk! Ik kan ook echt neit zonder mijn iPhone. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award :) I've been nominated too.
    Visit my site? If you want to follow each other via GFC or bloglovin, just let me know!

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and congrats to you too Sammie! Followed you on Bloglovin'.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!