Ciao Roma!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ciao! Almost 6 days in Rome and I need to be honest with you guys. As much as I like the city, it still feels weird to be away from home again. I went on a city trip to Rome back in 2012, so I kind of 'know' the city already. However, being in the Eternal City feels different now. The main reason is probably because I'm here for a longer time period and for another purpose.

Let me tell you a bit more about my last couple of days. Monday we arrived at the airport and it took us more than 2.5 hours to get to the hotel. Rome is busy guys, really busy. There's traffic everywhere, sirens going off all the time, etc. Anyway, right after checking into the hotel, we went into the city and did a little bit of sightseeing. If I may say it myself, I'm lucky that I have (a bit of) good sense of direction, so it was pretty easy to go to the places we wanted to go.

View from hotel room

On Tuesday, I walked all the way to my internship company and the house I will be living at the next couple of months. Ooh boy, it was such a long walk. I think I walked more than 20km. Anyway, I found what I was looking for and since I like to walk, especially in Rome, you won't hear me complaining. Right now, I'm still staying at the hotel as 'my' room in the apartment is not available until tomorrow afternoon.

Wednesday my first day as an intern started. I have to admit that it was a little bit chaotic and overwhelming. Anyway, after a full workday - or three - it got better. The company seems very challenging to me, so I'm pretty curious what the next five months will bring me.

Today is my first weekend here. I was so exhausted from the last couple of days. New city, long walks, full workdays, new people and all the new impressions.. yeah that got me so tired. I, therefore, went to bed early last night and slept a little bit longer this morning. After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, I decided to go into the city and shot some pictures and, yes, I did a little bit of shopping as well. I bought a brightly green colored blouse from Massimo Dutti and a dark blue Zara summer dress. You'll probably see my new purchases in one of my posts later. 

The first couple of days it rained here, but today's weather is lovely. It's not too chilly, there's a bright blue sky and the sun is shining. Couldn't be any better for this time of the year, right?

Guess I'm just having a relaxing weekend getting to know Rome a bit more.
What are your plans for the weekend?



Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!