Lazy Sunday

Sunday, November 24, 2013


For the last couple of months I have been working on my final thesis for my study and, oh boy, it stresses me out! Not a day goes by without working on my dissertation. Even if I give myself a day off, I still work on it.. in my head. It's haunting me!!  

My alarm clock didn't go off this morning, so I finally had my long needed sleep, which was, by the way, still not long enough haha! Even though it feels like that something chases me, I just want to have a lazy day. I'm still enjoying my afternoon coffee whilst reading a magazine that covers the latest trends, so at least I try to relax. But yes, I know myself. I know that I'll be working on my dissertation right after I wrote this post. I need to finish my final thesis before December 17th, meaning there's not much time left!! Now it haunts me even more..

I also realize that Christmas comes around the corner and I should be thinking about the gifts that I'm giving. Plus, in less than two weeks it's Sinterklaas in the Netherlands. For the ones who don't know what it is; Sinterklaas is a traditional winter holiday that is celebrated on the evening of the 5th of December with gift exchanges and feasting with family and/or friends. This Dutch holiday tradition can be related to Santa Claus in North-America.. Just imagine a man with a long white beard wearing red and reward children for being nice. My family and I will celebrate Sinterklaas with the so-called surprises. A couple of weeks ago, each person randomly was assigned to someone whom they anonymously buy presents for and on Sinterklaas evening the gifts will be given. Fortunately for me, most of the presents are already in good shape and no longer waiting for packaging. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!