Burgundy Lips

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Even though it's almost Spring I have been catching myself searching for a dark red lipstick. For a lipstick it's quite important that it completely fits your skin color, it can make or break your face. That's easy to say though, because it can be difficult to find a proper color. On Pinterest I saw many times the MAC Diva passing by and also in some blogs I've read many recommendations about this burgundy lipstick. When walking in the city centre I saw the MAC shop so I decided to go inside. Firstly I just took a look.. yes just a look, I might or might not even found it a bit too scary to try it on haha! Anyway, a week after I went back to the shop and asked the shop-assistant if I could try it on. I really liked it, but still felt a bit uncomfortable wearing it.. I mean red, coral, pink or a light bright lip gloss are colors I frequently wear on my lips, but a dark color is totally different! I went home and looked in the mirror a couple of times doubting whether I should go back the next day, because even though I find it scary to wear, I wanted a burgundy lipstick anyway. This seemed the right color for me, so why would I be hesitating? This not-so-dare-devil eventually convinced herself to buy it the next day. You never know what it's good for, right ladies?

The MAC Diva is such a beautiful and elegant burgundy lipstick. Even if you make the color softer, it would still look good. Also, this lipstick is a very easy color everyone could wear! So the only thing I need to have is the guts to wear it haha! As you can see in the picture down below, the color seems not so dark, but when you put it on your lips, believe me, the color is much deeper as you can see in the second picture. You will probably see me wearing it in one of my next outfit posts. 

Would you wear a dark colored lipstick like this? Or what other color do you prefer?




Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!