A Walk in the Garden

Monday, March 17, 2014

What girl in the world hasn't watched Lizzie McGuire the movie yet? When I was just a little girl this film became one of my favorite ones for many reasons: high school girl visits Rome, meets Italian boy, drives on a red Vespa discovering the city, and I definitely must not forget to mention the romantic scene where Lizzie and her chubby Paolo are having fun at the beautiful gardens surrounded by many fountains. Do you remember?

It may sound a little stupid, but I really wanted to get out of busy Rome for a day. Visiting the gardens from the movie was probably the first place I wrote down on my day-trips-out-of-Rome to-do list and yesterday it was time to go. Finally!

For the ones who don't know, the gardens are located at Villa d'Este in Tivoli, about 32km away from Rome. It was SO beautiful! I've seen it plenty of times in the film, but movie scenes are always a bit different right? So I was a little suspicious about what it would look like in real life, but honestly, it was even prettier! Villa d'Este is a very green, quiet and peaceful place and the only thing you hear is water falling down. So relaxing!

Afterwards me and my friend had lunch on a small balcony of a restaurant. Italy is known for its pizza and pasta, but the one I had yesterday was so tasteful! Perfect relaxing Sunday for me! How was your weekend?



  1. Great photos. This place looks beautiful!
    Also I like your outfit. It's simple yet cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wou!! Gorgeous pictures!! :) <3 These photos make me want to travel again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!